The Bigger Picture: Visual Archives and the Smithsonian
Posts tagged with: Conservation
by Effie Kapsalis on June 10, 2016
Celebrating our 300thLink Love since 2010!
- Macro x-ray fluorescence spectrometry (MA-XRF) reveals ancient manuscripts reused as bookbindings! [via The Guardian]
- A historic moment - refugees form their own squad for this summer's Olympics in Rio de Janeiro. [via NPR]
- Get your color on with National Parks! [via National Park Foundation]
- Artist Bill Domonkos' archival remixes.[via This Colossal]
- Summer of Hamilton at the New York Historical Society. #EnoughSaid [via The New York Times]
- The Getty has released over 800 photos by photographer and architect Wim Swaan to their open portal. [via Info Docket]
- 1000 year-old Beowulf manuscript now online at the British Library. [via Open Culture]
- Get to the Smithsonian's Zoo to check out gorgeous, marine sculptures by artist Angela Pozzi created from plastic trash found in oceans. [via Smithsonian Magazine]
- 1 of 41
- next ›
Connecting you to America’s past with a behind-the-scenes exploration of the Smithsonian’s history, treasures, and the challenges that Archives face preserving collections. More details...