For archives and records management inquiries, Smithsonian staff should contact one of the Smithsonian Institution Archives staff listed here (staff access only). For general inquiries contact the Archives and Information Management (AIM) Team directly.
For general inquiries about electronic records or technology-specific issues, contact the Digital Services Division. For general Archives information or reference services, including research questions, reproductions, or permissions, contact the Reference Team.
- "There are Records and Then There are Records," The Bigger Picture blog, April 12, 2016
- "Paper vs. Electronic: The Not-So-Final Battle," The Bigger Picture blog, April 10, 2014
- "Challenges of Appraising Records in the Digital Age," The Bigger Picture blog, October 12, 2012
- "How the Archives Gets Its Records (or, Golden Lion Tamarins Galore)," The Bigger Picture blog, October 27, 2011
- "Boxing Lessons" [Video: How to Build an Acid-Free Records Storage Box], The Bigger Picture blog, April 14, 2011
- "Clean Sweep in the New Year: Organizing Digital Photos," The Bigger Picture blog, January 4, 2011
- "I Found It in the Archives," The Bigger Picture blog, October 14, 2010
- "How Much is Enough?," The Bigger Picture blog, August 17, 2010
- Additional Publications and Resources
- Glossary of Archival Terms