Narrow Your Results
Filter Your Results
Smithsonian Secretaries InformationClose Browse records and papers of the Smithsonian Secretaries, from 1846 until today. Pre-set filters help narrow searches by individuals who have held that office.
- All (250)
- Charles D Walcott (247)
- C. G Abbot (41)
- S. P Langley (40)
- Alexander Wetmore (33)
- Spencer Fullerton Baird (27)
- Joseph Henry (24)
- Leonard Carmichael (18)
- Sidney Dillon Ripley (9)
- Ira Michael Heyman (4)
- Robert McCormick Adams (2)
- G. Wayne Clough (2)
- Lawrence M Small (2)
- + Show More
- - Show Less
Smithsonian Museum & Research Centers InformationClose Browse records and papers documenting the history and research of major Smithsonian divisions. Pre-set filters help narrow searches by museum or research center.
- United States National Museum (67)
- All (31)
- Freer Gallery of Art (22)
- Smithsonian Institution Building (19)
- Smithsonian American Art Museum (13)
- National Museum of Natural History (12)
- Smithsonian Astrophysical Observatory (8)
- National Zoological Park (8)
- National Air and Space Museum (6)
- National Portrait Gallery (5)
- National Museum of American History (4)
- Smithsonian Tropical Research Institute (4)
- National Museum of the American Indian (1)
- + Show More
- - Show Less
Expeditions InformationClose Browse records and papers documenting scientific and collecting expeditions either affiliated with the Smithsonian, or with which Smithsonian researchers participated. Pre-set filters help narrow searches by geographic regions predominantly represented in expedition records.
Smithsonian Records InformationClose Browse official records created at the Smithsonian Institution’s museums, research centers, libraries, and archives, now in the Smithsonian Institution Archives’ collections. Pre-set filters help narrow searches by major topics or disciplines.
Personal Papers InformationClose Browse papers and special collections created by institutions and persons who have contributed to and collaborated with the Smithsonian. Pre-set filters help narrow searches by major topics and disciplines.
Oral Histories InformationClose Browse oral and video history collections containing interviews with current and retired Smithsonian staff, and others who have made significant contributions to the Institution. Pre-set filters help narrow searches by major topics or disciplines.
Secretary Charles D. Walcott
- Secretary Charles D. Walcott
- Walcott, Charles D
- Data Source:
- Smithsonian Archives - History Div
- There are MANY copies of this image at this SIA location.
- An 1918 portrait of Charles D. Walcott, the Fourth Secretary of the Smithsonian Institution (1907-1927).
- Contained in:
- Smithsonian Institution Archives, Record Unit 95, Box 23, Folder: 22
- No restrictions
- Secretaries, Secretariats, Portraits
- Walcott, Charles D (Charles Doolittle) 1850-1927
- Historic Images of the Smithsonian
- Photographic print, Portraits
- Local Number:
- 29805 or NHB-29805
- Physical Description:
- Color: Black and White; Size: 8w x 10h; Type of Image: Portrait; Medium: Photographic print
- Full Record:
Using the Archives' Collections
Note: In order to access PDFs, you must have the Adobe Acrobat Reader software which is available free of charge.