Narrow Your Results
Filter Your Results
Smithsonian Museum & Research Centers InformationClose Browse records and papers documenting the history and research of major Smithsonian divisions. Pre-set filters help narrow searches by museum or research center.
- National Air and Space Museum (204)
- All (75)
- National Museum of American History (5)
- United States National Museum (3)
- National Museum of Natural History (3)
- Smithsonian Institution Building (2)
- Smithsonian Astrophysical Observatory (2)
- National Portrait Gallery (1)
- National Zoological Park (1)
- + Show More
- - Show Less
Smithsonian Records InformationClose Browse official records created at the Smithsonian Institution’s museums, research centers, libraries, and archives, now in the Smithsonian Institution Archives’ collections. Pre-set filters help narrow searches by major topics or disciplines.
Personal Papers InformationClose Browse papers and special collections created by institutions and persons who have contributed to and collaborated with the Smithsonian. Pre-set filters help narrow searches by major topics and disciplines.
Smithsonian Secretaries InformationClose Browse records and papers of the Smithsonian Secretaries, from 1846 until today. Pre-set filters help narrow searches by individuals who have held that office.
Expeditions InformationClose Browse records and papers documenting scientific and collecting expeditions either affiliated with the Smithsonian, or with which Smithsonian researchers participated. Pre-set filters help narrow searches by geographic regions predominantly represented in expedition records.
Oral Histories InformationClose Browse oral and video history collections containing interviews with current and retired Smithsonian staff, and others who have made significant contributions to the Institution. Pre-set filters help narrow searches by major topics or disciplines.
Lunar Sample Damaged by Vandals
- Lunar Sample Damaged by Vandals
- National Aeronautics and Space Administration
- Data Source:
- Smithsonian Archives - History Div
- September 27, 1976
- Describes vandalism of lunar sample displayed at NASM and preventive measures taken to prevent reoccurrence.
- Contained in:
- Aviation Week and Space Technology Vol. 105 (Journal)
- Vandalism, Watchmen, Security, Exhibitions, Astronautics
- National Air and Space Museum, Office of Protective Services, National Aeronautics and Space Administration
- Smithsonian Institution History Bibliography
- Physical Description:
- pp. 16
- Full Record:
Using the Archives' Collections
Note: In order to access PDFs, you must have the Adobe Acrobat Reader software which is available free of charge.