Narrow Your Results
Filter Your Results
Expeditions InformationClose Browse records and papers documenting scientific and collecting expeditions either affiliated with the Smithsonian, or with which Smithsonian researchers participated. Pre-set filters help narrow searches by geographic regions predominantly represented in expedition records.
Smithsonian Museum & Research Centers InformationClose Browse records and papers documenting the history and research of major Smithsonian divisions. Pre-set filters help narrow searches by museum or research center.
- National Museum of Natural History (29)
- United States National Museum (17)
- Smithsonian Tropical Research Institute (12)
- All (6)
- Freer Gallery of Art (2)
- Smithsonian Environmental Research Center (2)
- Smithsonian American Art Museum (1)
- Smithsonian Astrophysical Observatory (1)
- National Zoological Park (1)
- + Show More
- - Show Less
Smithsonian Secretaries InformationClose Browse records and papers of the Smithsonian Secretaries, from 1846 until today. Pre-set filters help narrow searches by individuals who have held that office.
Smithsonian Records InformationClose Browse official records created at the Smithsonian Institution’s museums, research centers, libraries, and archives, now in the Smithsonian Institution Archives’ collections. Pre-set filters help narrow searches by major topics or disciplines.
Personal Papers InformationClose Browse papers and special collections created by institutions and persons who have contributed to and collaborated with the Smithsonian. Pre-set filters help narrow searches by major topics and disciplines.
Oral Histories InformationClose Browse oral and video history collections containing interviews with current and retired Smithsonian staff, and others who have made significant contributions to the Institution. Pre-set filters help narrow searches by major topics or disciplines.
(left to right): Robert Chambers (1881-1957) and Charles Gardner Rogers (1875-1950)
- Scott, Julian P
- (left to right): Robert Chambers (1881-1957) and Charles Gardner Rogers (1875-1950)
- Data Source:
- Smithsonian Institution Archives
- Robert Chambers (1881-1957) was at Cornell University Medical College, 1915-1928, and Washington Square College, 1928-1947, and was inventor of the Chambers micromanipulator. Charles Gardner Rogers (1875-1950) was on staff at the Marine Biological Laboratory, 1914-1930, where his research focused on embryology and comparative physiology.
- Cite As:
- Acc. 90-105 - Science Service, Records, 1920s-1970s, Smithsonian Institution Archives
- All requests for duplication and use must be submitted in writing and approved by the Smithsonian Institution Archives. Contact SIA Reference Staff for further information (email OSIAREF@si.edu)
- Zoology, Embryology
- Rogers, C. G (Charles Gardner) 1875-1950, Chambers, Robert 1881-1957, Washington Square College, New York University, Marine Biological Laboratory (Woods Hole, Mass.), Cornell University Medical College
- Black-and-white photographs
- Local Number:
- SIA Acc. 90-105 [SIA2008-0184]
- Full Record:
Using the Archives' Collections
Note: In order to access PDFs, you must have the Adobe Acrobat Reader software which is available free of charge.