Narrow Your Results
Filter Your Results
Smithsonian Museum & Research Centers InformationClose Browse records and papers documenting the history and research of major Smithsonian divisions. Pre-set filters help narrow searches by museum or research center.
- National Museum of Natural History (25)
- United States National Museum (15)
- Smithsonian Tropical Research Institute (8)
- All (3)
- Freer Gallery of Art (2)
- Smithsonian American Art Museum (1)
- Smithsonian Environmental Research Center (1)
- Smithsonian Astrophysical Observatory (1)
- National Zoological Park (1)
- + Show More
- - Show Less
Expeditions InformationClose Browse records and papers documenting scientific and collecting expeditions either affiliated with the Smithsonian, or with which Smithsonian researchers participated. Pre-set filters help narrow searches by geographic regions predominantly represented in expedition records.
Smithsonian Secretaries InformationClose Browse records and papers of the Smithsonian Secretaries, from 1846 until today. Pre-set filters help narrow searches by individuals who have held that office.
Personal Papers InformationClose Browse papers and special collections created by institutions and persons who have contributed to and collaborated with the Smithsonian. Pre-set filters help narrow searches by major topics and disciplines.
Smithsonian Records InformationClose Browse official records created at the Smithsonian Institution’s museums, research centers, libraries, and archives, now in the Smithsonian Institution Archives’ collections. Pre-set filters help narrow searches by major topics or disciplines.
Oral Histories InformationClose Browse oral and video history collections containing interviews with current and retired Smithsonian staff, and others who have made significant contributions to the Institution. Pre-set filters help narrow searches by major topics or disciplines.
(left to right): Robert Chambers (1881-1957) and Charles Gardner Rogers (1875-1950)
- Scott, Julian P
- (left to right): Robert Chambers (1881-1957) and Charles Gardner Rogers (1875-1950)
- Robert Chambers (1881-1957) was at Cornell University Medical College, 1915-1928, and Washington Square College, 1928-1947, and was inventor of the Chambers micromanipulator. Charles Gardner Rogers (1875-1950) was on staff at the Marine Biological Laboratory, 1914-1930, where his research focused on embryology and comparative physiology
- Cite As:
- Acc. 90-105 - Science Service, Records, 1920s-1970s, Smithsonian Institution Archives
- Zoology, Embryology
- Rogers, C. G (Charles Gardner) 1875-1950, Chambers, Robert 1881-1957, Washington Square College, New York University, Marine Biological Laboratory (Woods Hole, Mass.), Cornell University Medical College
- Black-and-white photographs
- Local Number:
- SIA Acc. 90-105 [SIA2008-0184]
- Full Record:
Using the Archives' Collections