SIA Acc. 84-105, Walkinshaw, Lawrence H, Lawrence H. Walkinshaw Papers, 1961-1969, 1984
- Walkinshaw, Lawrence H
- Lawrence H. Walkinshaw Papers, 1961-1969, 1984
- 1961, 1961-1969, 1961-1969, 1984
- These records consist of 35mm color slides, photographs, and negatives relating to Lawrence H. Walkinshaw's research on cranes and warblers. Materials also include bird observations made by Walkinshaw in Florida and Michigan in 1984.
- Birds, Kirtland's warbler, Ornithology, Cranes (Birds)
- Walkinshaw, Lawrence H
- Florida, Michigan
- Manuscripts, Collection descriptions, Black-and-white photographs, Color photographs, Color negatives, Color transparencies
- Local Number:
- SIA Acc. 84-105
- Physical Description:
- 0.5 cu. ft. (1 document box)
Finding Aids to Personal Papers and Special Collections in the Smithsonian Institution Archives
Table of Contents
Walkinshaw, Lawrence H
Lawrence H. Walkinshaw Papers, 1961-1969, 1984
|General Information About This Collection|
|Repository:||Smithsonian Institution Archives, Washington, D.C. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.|
|Creator:||Walkinshaw, Lawrence H|
|Title:||Lawrence H. Walkinshaw Papers|
|Quantity:||0.5 cu. ft. (1 document box)|
|Language of Materials:||English|
Lawrence H. Walkinshaw (1904-1993) graduated from the University of Michigan School of Dentistry in 1929. Though a dentist by training, he was a leading authority on cranes on which he published 61 articles and two books: The Sandhill Cranes (1949) and Cranes of the World (1973). He described the Canadian sandhill crane (Grus canadensis rowani) in 1965. He published on other species as well, most notably Kirtland's warbler.
This accession consists of 35mm color slides, photographs, and negatives relating to Walkinshaw's research on cranes and warblers. Materials also include bird observations made by Walkinshaw in Florida and Michigan in 1984.
This collection is indexed under the following access terms. These are links to collections with related topics, persons or places.
Physical Characteristics of Materials in the Collection
Smithsonian Institution Archives, Accession 84-105, Walkinshaw, Lawrence H, Lawrence H. Walkinshaw Papers
35mm color slides, photographs, and negatives relating to Walkinshaw's research on cranes and warblers, 1961-1969
Bird Observations made by Walkinshaw in Florida and Michigan, 1984
Using the Archives' Collections
Note: In order to access PDFs, you must have the Adobe Acrobat Reader software which is available free of charge.