Finding Aids to Official Records of the Smithsonian Institution Archives
Productions, circa 1970-2002
This accession consists of elements created during the production of audiovisual materials for exhibition and events at the National Museum of History and Technology and the National Museum of American History. Materials include prints, dubs, soundtracks, narration, and related materials on film, audiotapes, videotapes, and data cartridges. Some materials are in electronic format. Smithsonian Productions was previously known as the Office of Telecommunications, 1976-1996, and Smithsonian Press/Smithsonian Productions, 1997-1998.
Restrictions pertaining to the use of these materials may apply (based on contracts/copyright). Access restrictions may also apply if viewing/listening copies are not currently available. Viewing/listening copies can be made for a fee. Contact reference staff for details.
This collection is indexed under the following access terms. These are links to collections with related topics, persons or places.
- Lawless, Benjamin W.
- Crew, Spencer R., 1949-
- National Museum of American History (U.S.)
- National Museum of History and Technology (U.S.)
- National Museum of History and Technology (U.S.). Hall of News Reporting
- National Museum of American History (U.S.). Hall of Photography
- National Museum of American History (U.S.). Hall of American Maritime Enterprise
- National Museum of History and Technology (U.S.). Electricity Hall
- Smithsonian Institution. Office of Telecommunications
- Smithsonian Press/Smithsonian Productions
- We the People (Exhibition) (1976: Washington, D.C.)
- Pain and Its Relief (Exhibition) (1983: Washington, D.C.)
- There's No Business Like Show Business: Irving Berlin's Centennial (Exhibition) (1988: Washington, D.C.)
- Uncle Sam (Motion picture)
- Rest from Pain (Motion picture : 1983)
- Hail to the Chief (Motion picture)
- Library of Congress Paper Film Collection (Motion picture)
- Talking Train (Motion picture)
- Ship Captain (Motion picture)
- Energy Conversion (Motion picture)
- Peril on the Sea (Motion picture : 1978)
- Full Speed Ahead (Motion picture : 1978)
- Rural Life in Mississippi (Motion picture : 1994)
- The Electronic Smithsonian (Motion picture : 1995)
- Who Would Have Thought? (Proposed documentary film : 1970)
- There's No Business Like Show Business: Irving Berlin's Centennial (Video Recording : 1988)
Physical Characteristics of Materials in the Collection
Smithsonian Institution Archives, Accession 17-258, Smithsonian Productions, Productions