Finding Aids to Official Records of the Smithsonian Institution Archives
National Museum of Natural History
Website Records, 2014
This accession consists of three websites maintained by the National Anthropological Archives and Human Studies Film Archives (NAA) within the Department of Anthropology.
The main NAA website, crawled April 21, 2014, provides general and collections information as well as online exhibitions. The "Lakota Winter Counts" exhibition, crawled April 23, 2014, is its own website, located in a separate domain.
The Council for the Preservation of Anthropological Records (CoPAR) website was crawled April 22, 2014. CoPAR is dedicated to helping anthropologists, librarians, archivists, information specialists and others preserve and provide access to the record of human diversity and the history of the discipline. The website includes bulletins, online publications, and a directory of ethnographic archives.
Materials are in electronic format.
This collection is indexed under the following access terms. These are links to collections with related topics, persons or places.
- National Anthropological Archives
- National Museum of Natural History (U.S.). Department of Anthropology
- Smithsonian Institution. Human Studies Film Archives
- Council for the Preservation of Anthropological Records
- Squint Eyes: Artist and Indian Scout (Online exhibition)
- Drawing the Western Frontier: The James E. Taylor Album (Online exhibition)
- Camping With the Sioux: Fieldwork Diary of Alice Cunningham Fletcher (Online exhibition)
- Henry Wood Elliot: An American Artist in Alaska (Online exhibition)
- Selections from the Field Journal of William Duncan Strong (Honduras, 1933) (Online exhibition)
- Canela Body Adornment: Photographs from the William H. Crocker Collection (Online exhibition)
- Kiowa Drawings (Online exhibition)
- Tichkematse: A Cheyenne at the Smithsonian (Online exhibition)
- Lakota Winter Counts (Online exhibition)
- Museum archives
- Museums -- Collection management
- Museums -- Public relations
- Natural history museums
- Web sites
- Professional associations
Physical Characteristics of Materials in the Collection
Smithsonian Institution Archives, Accession 14-220, National Museum of Natural History, Website Records