Project Files, 1980-2012
Usage Conditions ApplyThe Smithsonian Institution Archives welcomes personal and educational use of its collections unless otherwise noted. For commercial uses, please contact email@example.com.
This accession consists of records documenting construction and renovation projects at the Steven F. Udvar-Hazy Center, National Museum of American History, National Museum of Natural History, Museum Support Center, Patent Office Building, National Zoological Park, National Museum of the American Indian, Quadrangle, Victor Building, Cooper-Hewitt Museum, National Museum of African American History and Culture, National Air and Space Museum, Smithsonian Environmental Research Center, Freer Gallery of Art, Fort Pierce, Capital Gallery Building, and the Smithsonian Astrophysical Observatory. Materials include correspondence, memoranda, and notes; budget summaries; contracts and agreements; operation and maintenance manuals; project submittals, specifications, and modifications; videotapes; microfiche and microfilm; photographs; floor plans; employee logs; construction schedules; construction test results; daily and monthly progress reports; product samples; and meeting minutes. Some materials are in electronic format.
- Cooper-Hewitt Museum
- National Museum of Natural History (U.S.) Smithsonian Marine Station at Fort Pierce
- Freer Gallery of Art
- National Museum of African American History and Culture (U.S.)
- National Museum of American History (U.S.)
- National Museum of Natural History (U.S.)
- National Museum of the American Indian (U.S.)
- National Zoological Park (U.S.)
- Smithsonian Astrophysical Observatory
- Smithsonian Environmental Research Center
- Steven F. Udvar-Hazy Center
- Capital Gallery Building (Washington, D.C.)
- Patent Office Building (Washington, D.C.)
- Quadrangle Building (Washington, D.C.)
- Victor Building (Washington, D.C.)
- National Air and Space Museum (U.S.)
- Smithsonian Institution Museum Support Center
- Folder List in accession file.
- Electronic List in accession file.
- For a description of the record series of which these materials form a part, refer to the "Forms part of" above.
Smithsonian Institution Archives Capital Gallery, Suite 3000, MRC 507; 600 Maryland Avenue, SW; Washington, DC 20024-2520
- Museum buildings
- Repair and reconstruction
- Smithsonian buildings
- Architectural design
- Buildings--Repair and reconstruction
- Collection descriptions
- Compact discs
- Electronic records
- Architectural drawings
- Floor plans
- Color photographs
SIA Acc. 11-012
140.60 cu. ft. (90 record storage boxes) (115 blueprint storage boxes)