Systems Development Records, 1949-2005
Usage Conditions ApplyThe Smithsonian Institution Archives welcomes personal and educational use of its collections unless otherwise noted. For commercial uses, please contact email@example.com.
Consists of records documenting the technological advances in computing systems, software and hardware used across the Smithsonian Institution. Many of the records were created by predecessor units of the Office of the Chief Information Officer, including the Information Systems Division, 1968-1974; the Office of Computer Services, 1974-1982; the Office of Information Resource Management, 1982-1995; the Office of Information Technology, 1995-2000; and the Office of the Chief Technology Officer, 2000-2001. Materials include proposals; reports; memoranda; handbooks and user guides; publications; brochures; drawings; microfiche; and steering committee meeting agendas and minutes.
- Smithsonian Institution Office of Information Technology
- Smithsonian Institution Office of Information Resource Management
- Smithsonian Institution Office of Computer Services
- Smithsonian Institution Information Systems Division
- Smithsonian Institution Office of the Chief Technology Officer
Series Level Description
- For a history of the creating unit, refer to "Forms part of" above.
- To view records that comprise this series, see the detailed list of accessions and/or record units below.
Smithsonian Institution Archives, Capital Gallery, Suite 3000, MRC 507; 600 Maryland Avenue, SW; Washington, DC 20024-2520
- Computer systems
- Information resources management
- Information storage and retrieval systems
- Data processing
- Information technology
- Database design
6 cu. ft. unprocessed holdings