Subject Files, 1964, 1968-2002
Usage Conditions ApplyThe Smithsonian Institution Archives welcomes personal and educational use of its collections unless otherwise noted. For commercial uses, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Consists of records documenting the professional, programmatic, and administrative activities of Dept. of Zoological Research staff. Materials include correspondence and memoranda; newsletters; research and funding proposals; committee and council reports, meeting minutes, and agendas; inventories of research projects; planning documents; research progress reports; budgets; photographs of animals; publication reviews; notices of research projects; questionnaires; staff listings; architectural drawings and floor and site plans; flyers, brochures, and posters; training materials; procedural manuals; clippings; images; logbooks; notes; and related materials. Some materials were created by predecessor units, including the Office of Animal Management, the Office of Animal Programs, and the Dept. of Zoological Research and Education.
- National Zoological Park (U.S.) Office of Animal Programs
- National Zoological Park (U.S.) Office of Animal Management
- National Zoological Park (U.S.) Department of Zoological Research and Education
Series Level Description
- To view records that comprise this series, see the detailed list of accessions and/or record units below.
- For a history of the creating unit, refer to "Forms part of" above.
Alphabetic and unarranged
Smithsonian Institution Archives, Capital Gallery, Suite 3000, MRC 507; 600 Maryland Avenue, SW; Washington, DC 20024-2520
- 1964, 1968-2002
- Black-and-white photographs
- Architectural drawings
- Floor plans
- 26.41 cu. ft. unprocessed holdings
- 8.5 cu. ft. processed holdings