Agency history, 1995-
Usage Conditions ApplyThe Smithsonian Institution Archives welcomes personal and educational use of its collections unless otherwise noted. For commercial uses, please contact email@example.com.
- Johnston, Paul Forsythe 1950-
- Withuhn, William L
- Lubar, Steven D
- Stine, Jeffrey K
- Hacker, Barton C. 1935-
- Daniel, Pete
- Stephens, Carlene E. 1949-
- Marefat, Mina
- Worthington, William E. 1948-
- Vining, Margaret
- Johnson, Paula J. 1954-
- Harrison, Michael
- Kendrick, Kathleen M
- Chase, Lynn
- Finn, Bernard S. 1932-
- Battison, Edwin A
- National Museum of American History (U.S.) Department of History
- National Museum of American History (U.S.) Division of the History of Technology
- This is an agency history. It does not describe actual records. The Smithsonian Institution Archives uses these histories as brief accounts of the origin, development, and functions of an office or administrative unit to set that unit in its historical context. To find information on record holdings, please double-click the highlighted field "Creator/Author", which will open on a brief view of relevant records.
- Smithsonian National Museum of American History, Division of the History of Technology, http://www.americanhistory.si.edu/csr/cadht.htm, 08/30/00
- In 1995 a major reorganization of the National Museum of American History occurred. As a result, the Museum's staff and collections in the fields of agriculture, mining, armed forces history, engineering, the environment, industry, and transportation were grouped under a new entity, the Division of the History of Technology, reporting to the Assistant Director for the History Department of the Museum. In 2006 the Division of the History of Technology was renamed the Division of Work and Industry. Curators responsible for electricity collections were transferred to the Division of Work and Industry in 2009.
- Staff have included Steven D. Lubar, Curator, 1995-2004; Pete Daniel, Curator, 1995-2010; Paul Forsythe Johnston, Curator, 1995- ; Carlene E. Stevens, Curator, 1995- ; Jeffrey K. Stine, Curator, 1995- ; William L. Withuhn, Curator, 1995- ; Mina Marefat, Curator, 1995-1997; Barton C. Hacker, Curator, 1996- ; William E. Worthington, Museum Specialist, 1977-2003; Margaret Vining, Museum Specialist; Paula J. Johnson, Curator; Michael Harrison, Project Historian; Kathleen M. Kendrick, Project Curator and Research Assistant; Lynn Chase, Project Manager; Bernard S. Finn, Associate Curator, 1963-1964, Curator, 1965-2005, and Curator Emeritus of electricity collections, 2005- ; and Edwin A. Battison, Curator.
- For a history of the larger creating unit, refer to "Forms part of " above.
Smithsonian Institution Archives, Capital Gallery, Suite 3000, MRC 507; 600 Maryland Avenue, SW; Washington, DC 20024-2520
- Museum curators
Mixed archival materials