Smithsonian Website Records, 1995
Usage Conditions ApplyThe Smithsonian Institution Archives welcomes personal and educational use of its collections unless otherwise noted. For commercial uses, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Consists of records documenting the premier of the Smithsonian Institution Web site, May 8, 1995. Materials include a press kit with photocopies of portions of the website; floppy disks; 8mm and 4mm tapes containing the Smithsonian Institution Home Page, National Air and Space Museum Home Page, the National Museum of American Art Home Page, National Museum of Natural History Home Page, and the Office of Printing and Photographic Services Home Page; and two oversize, color illustrated "presentation copies" of the Smithsonian Institution Home Page, signed and dated by Ira Michael Heyman, Secretary, 1994-1999, presented to Congressmen and Senators at the "unveiling." Some materials are in electronic format.
- Heyman, Ira Michael 1930-2011
- Smithsonian Institution Administration
- Smithsonian Institution Web sites
- National Museum of American Art (U.S.)
- National Museum of Natural History (U.S.)
- National Air and Space Museum (U.S.)
- Smithsonian Institution Office of Printing and Photographic Services
Series Level Description
- To view records that comprise this series, see the detailed list of accessions and/or record units below.
- For a history of the creating unit, refer to "Forms part of" above.
Smithsonian Institution Archives, Capital Gallery, Suite 3000, MRC 507; 600 Maryland Avenue, SW; Washington, DC 20024-2520
- Web sites
- Digital images
- Electronic images
- Electronic records
- Floppy disks
- Oversize materials unprocessed holdings
- 0.5 cu. ft. unprocessed holdings