Exhibition Records, 1896-1983, 1991-1997, 2002-2010
Usage Conditions ApplyThe Smithsonian Institution Archives welcomes personal and educational use of its collections unless otherwise noted. For commercial uses, please contact email@example.com.
Consists of records documenting exhibition planning, development, and production in the Division of Medicine and Science. Earlier records date from when the Division of Medicine and Science was known as the Division of Electricity and Nuclear Energy, the Division of Electricity and Modern Physics, the Division of the History of Technology, and the Division of Engineering and Industry. Records predating 1938 were created and maintained by the Section of Steam Transportation and the Division of Engineering within the United States National Museum. Materials include correspondence, memoranda, and notes; scripts; charters; floor plans and architectural drawings; posters; drawings; proposals; brochures; budget summaries; object lists; meeting minutes; photocopies of articles and newspaper clippings; symposium literature; visitor comments; photographs and slides; and audiovisual materials. Some materials are in electronic format.
- United States National Museum Division of Engineering
- United States National Museum Section of Transportation and Civil Engineering
- National Museum of History and Technology (U.S.) Division of Electricity and Nuclear Energy
- National Museum of American History (U.S.) Division of Electricity and Modern Physics
- National Museum of American History (U.S.) Division of the History of Technology
- National Museum of American History (U.S.) Division of Engineering and Industry
Series Level Description
- To view records that comprise this series, see the detailed list of accessions and/or record units below.
- For a history of the creating unit, refer to "Forms part of" above.
Chronologic and unarranged
Smithsonian Institution Archives, Capital Gallery, Suite 3000, MRC 507; 600 Maryland Avenue, SW; Washington, DC 20024-2520
- 1896-1983, 1991-1997, 2002-2010
Restrictions & Rights
Materials less than 15 years old Restricted. Contact reference staff for details
- Nuclear energy
- Museums--Educational aspects
- Museum curators
- Museum exhibits
- Floor plans
- Black-and-white photographs
- Color photographs
- Electronic records
- Compact discs
- Digital versatile discs
- Digital images
- Color negatives
- Architectural drawings
- Color transparencies
- 3 cu. ft. processed holdings
- 4.69 cu. ft. unprocessed holdings