Curatorial Records, 1955-1985
Usage Conditions ApplyThe Smithsonian Institution Archives welcomes personal and educational use of its collections unless otherwise noted. For commercial uses, please contact email@example.com.
Consists of records and correspondence documenting curatorial activities in the Division of Physical Sciences and Mathematics. Curators represented in these materials include Uta C. Merzbach, Associate Curator and Curator, 1964-1988, and records prior to Dr. Merzbach's tenure at the National Museum of History and Technology. Topics include IBM computer terminal exhibit with collection viewing; museum fire of 1970; "1876: A Centennial Exhibition"; the exhibit of a working computer in collaboration with Nicholas J. Suszynski, Jr., Director, Information Systems Division 1968-1970, and internship programs. Some materials date to when the section was known as the Section of Mathematics and Antique Instruments and when the sections were part of the Division of Physical Sciences and the Division of Electricity and Nuclear Energy.
- Merzbach, Uta C. 1933-
- Nicholas Suszynski
- Museum of History and Technology (U.S.) Division of Physical Sciences
- Museum of History and Technology (U.S.) Section of Antique Instruments
- National Museum of History and Technology (U.S.) Section of Mathematics
- National Museum of History and Technology (U.S.) Division of Electricity and Nuclear Energy
- Centennial Exhibition (1876 : Philadelphia, Pa.)
Series Level Description
- To view records that comprise this series, see the detailed list of accessions and/or record units below.
- For a history of the creating unit, refer to "Forms part of" above.
Smithsonian Institution Archives, Capital Gallery, Suite 3000, MRC 507; 600 Maryland Avenue, SW; Washington, DC 20024-2520
- Internship programs
- Physical sciences
- Historical museums
- IBM computers
- Physical sciences--History
- Journals (accounts)
- Floor plans
- Black-and-white photographs
2.5 cu. ft. processed holdings