Exhibition Records, c. 1910-1986
Usage Conditions ApplyThe Smithsonian Institution Archives welcomes personal and educational use of its collections unless otherwise noted. For commercial uses, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Consists of records documenting exhibitions at the Smithsonian American Art Museum and its predecessors, the National Museum of American Art, National Gallery of Art, and the National Collection of Fine Arts; and the Renwick Gallery. There is some material from exhibitions mounted by the Smithsonian Institution Traveling Exhibition Service, from exhibitions containing Smithsonian works but not held at the Institution, from exhibitions abroad, and from joint exhibitions with other museums. Materials include brochures, booklets, catalogs, audio recordings, and film recordings. These records were previously maintained by the Library and transferred to the Smithsonian Institution Archives.
- Smithsonian Institution Traveling Exhibition Service
- Smithsonian American Art Museum
- National Collection of Fine Arts (U.S.)
- Renwick Gallery
- National Museum of American Art (U.S.)
- National Gallery of Art (U.S.)
Series Level Description
- To view records that comprise this series, see the detailed list of accessions and/or record units below.
- For a history of the creating unit, refer to "Forms part of" above.
Smithsonian Institution Archives, Capital Gallery, Suite 3000, MRC 507; 600 Maryland Avenue, SW; Washington, DC 20024-2520
- c 1910-1986
- Museum libraries
- Art museums
- Museum exhibits
- Exhibition catalogs
- Sound recordings
- Motion pictures (visual works)
- 10.43 cu. ft. processed holdings
- 1.38 cu. ft. unprocessed holdings