Usage Conditions ApplyThe Smithsonian Institution Archives welcomes personal and educational use of its collections unless otherwise noted. For commercial uses, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Consists of correspondence documenting divisional activities during the tenures of S.R. Koehler, Curator, 1886-1900; Paul Brockett, Custodian, 1904-1920; Ruel P. Tolman, museum aide, 1912-1919, Assistant Curator, 1920-1931, Curator, 1932-1946; Ralph Clifton Smith, museum aide, 1921-1926; C. Allen Sherwin, museum aide, 1935-1937; Jacob Kainen, museum aide, 1942-1945, Curator, 1946-1966; Eugene J. Fite, museum aide, 1947-1950, Assistant Curator, 1951; Fuller O. Griffith, III, museum aide, 1955-1957, Assistant Curator, 1958-1960, Associate Curator, 1961-1964; Peter Morse, Associate Curator, 1965-1967; Eugene Ostroff, Associate Curator, 1960-1966, Curator, 1966-1994; Elizabeth M. Harris, Assistant Curator, 1965-1972, Associate Curator, 1972-1980, and Curator,1980-1994; and Helena Wright, Associate Curator and Curator, 1994-1995. Materials predating 1972 were created by the National Museum of History and Technology, Division of Graphic Arts and Photography. Records include correspondence, newspaper clippings, photographs, and slides.
- Brockett, Paul 1872-1946
- Harris, Elizabeth M
- Kainen, Jacob
- Koehler, S. R (Sylvester Rosa) 1837-1900
- Morse, Peter
- Ostroff, Eugene
- Smith, Ralph Clifton 1898-
- Tolman, Ruel P (Ruel Pardee) 1878-1954
- Sherwin, C. Allen
- Fite, Eugene J
- Griffith, Fuller
- Wright, Helena 1946-
- United States National Museum
- National Museum of History and Technology Division of Graphic Arts and Photography
Series Level Description
- To view records that comprise this series, see the detailed list of accessions and/or record units below.
- For a history of the creating unit, refer to "Forms part of" above.
- To view related record series, refer to "Related to" below.
Addl. KW Subjects
(SIA RS00412) Äthiopien
Alphabetic and chronologic
Smithsonian Institution Archives, Capital Gallery, Suite 3000, MRC 507; 600 Maryland Avenue, SW; Washington, DC 20024-2520
Restrictions & Rights
Materials less than 15 years old Restricted. Contact reference staff for details
- Graphic arts
- Black-and-white photographs
- Black-and-white transparencies
- 6 cu. ft. processed holdings
- 2 cu. ft. unprocessed holdings