Chairmen's Records, 1965-1992
Usage Conditions ApplyThe Smithsonian Institution Archives welcomes personal and educational use of its collections unless otherwise noted. For commercial uses, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Consists of records of the Department of Vertebrate Zoology, under the chairmanships of Philip Strong Humphrey, 1964-1968; George E. Watson, 1968-1972; Robert H. Gibbs, Jr., 1972-1978; George R. Zug, 1978-1983; W. Ronald Heyer, 1984-1987; and Richard W. Thorington, 1987-1992. Materials include memoranda, correspondence, and subject files relating to committees and professional societies; budget; annual reports; computerization; security; building renovations; space planning; collections management; division activities and staffing; international relations; relations with Congress; and information on professional societies and programs of interest to the Department.
- Watson, George E (George Elder) 1931-
- Humphrey, Philip S (Philip Strong) 1926-2009
- Zug, George R. 1938-
- Heyer, W. Ronald
- Thorington, Richard W
- Gibbs, Robert H. Jr
- United States National Museum
Series Level Description
- To view records that comprise this series, see the detailed list of accessions and/or record units below.
- For a history of the creating unit, refer to "Forms part of" above.
Smithsonian Institution Archives, Capital Gallery, Suite 3000, MRC 507; 600 Maryland Avenue, SW; Washington, DC 20024-2520
Restrictions & Rights
Materials less than 15 years old Restricted. Contact reference staff for details
- Vertebrate zoology
- 1 cu. ft. unprocessed holdings
- 6.5 cu. ft. processed holdings