Departmental Records, 1947-2005
Usage Conditions ApplyThe Smithsonian Institution Archives welcomes personal and educational use of its collections unless otherwise noted. For commercial uses, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Consists of administrative subject files primarily documenting the operation of the Department of Invertebrate Zoology under Chairmen Donald Fleming Squires, 1964-1965; Joseph Rosewater, Acting Chairman, 1966; Raymond B. Manning, 1967-1971; David L. Pawson, 1971-1976; W. Duane Hope, 1976-1981; Clyde F. E. Roper, 1981-1985; Roger F. Cressey, 1985-1988; C.W. Hart, 1989-1991; Brian Frederick Kensley, 1991-1995; and Kristian Fauchald, 1995-2001; David L. Pawson, 2001-2003; Robert Hershler, 2003-2004; Jonathan A. Coddington, 2004-2005; Rafael Lemaitre, 2005- . Materials include correspondence, memoranda, plans of operation, budget records, annual reports, personnel records, records concerning departmental research, and files on committees and projects. Records predating the establishment of the Department in 1964 were created by its predecessor, the Department of Zoology.
- Manning, Raymond B (Raymond Brendan) 1934-2000
- Pawson, David L (David Leo) 1938-
- Squires, Donald Fleming
- Rosewater, Joseph 1928-1985
- Hope, W. Duane 1935-
- Roper, Clyde F. E. 1937-
- Cressey, Roger F. 1930-
- Kensley, Brian Frederick
- Fauchald, Kristian
- Hart, C. W
- Hershler, Robert
- Coddington, Jonathan A
- Lemaitre, Rafael
- United States National Museum
Series Level Description
- To view records that comprise this series, see the detailed list of accessions and/or record units below.
- For a history of the creating unit, refer to "Forms part of" above.
Alphabetic and unarranged
Smithsonian Institution Archives, Capital Gallery, Suite 3000, MRC 507; 600 Maryland Avenue, SW; Washington, DC 20024-2520
- Marine invertebrates
- Invertebrate zoology
- Floppy disks
- Black-and-white photographs
- Black-and-white negatives
- Color photographs
- Color transparencies
- Compact discs
- Electronic records
- 12.5 cu. ft. processed holdings
- 11.0 cu. ft. unprocessed holdings