Curators' Annual Reports, 1881-1964
Usage Conditions ApplyThe Smithsonian Institution Archives welcomes personal and educational use of its collections unless otherwise noted. For commercial uses, please contact email@example.com.
Consists of records documenting the activities of the departments, divisions and sections of the United States National Museum (USNM). Materials include reports submitted to the Director of the Museum by curators and administrators. Directors included G. Brown Goode, 1881-1896, including the years 1881-1887 when he served as Assistant Director of the Museum without the title of Assistant Secretary; Charles D. Walcott, Acting Assistant Secretary, 1897-1898; Richard Rathbun, 1897-1918; William de Chastignier Ravenel, 1918-1925, with the title Administrative Assistant to the Secretary, in charge of the USNM; Alexander Wetmore, 1925-1948; Remington Kellogg, Director, USNM, 1948-1962; and Frank A. Taylor, Director, USNM, 1962-1967.
- Goode, G. Brown (George Brown) 1851-1896
- Walcott, Charles D (Charles Doolittle) 1850-1927
- Rathbun, Richard 1852-1918
- Ravenel, W. de C (William de Chastignier) 1859-1933
- Wetmore, Alexander 1886-1978
- Kellogg, Remington 1892-1969
- Taylor, Frank A (Frank Augustus) 1903-2007
Series Level Description
- To view records that comprise this series, see the detailed list of accessions and/or record units below.
- For a history of the creating unit, refer to "Forms part of" above.
Smithsonian Institution Archives, Capital Gallery, Suite 3000, MRC 507; 600 Maryland Avenue, SW; Washington, DC 20024-2520
49 cu. ft. processed holdings