New Year's Edition!
- Fredrik Carl Mülertz Størmer used a spy camera to capture 19th-century Oslo street scenes! [via Colossal]
- Let us help you achieve some of your archiving New Year's resolutions; action planning for personal archiving, organizing digital photos, organizing email, and preparing for tax season!
- 9 innovators in the fields of technology, health, education and more to watch in 2018. [via Smithsonian Magazine]
- An NEH-funded project from the O'Keefe Museum, the Art Institute of Chicago, and Northwestern University is developing a web-based tool to detect destructive soap buildup that dims colors in 20th-century oil paintings. [via Getty Hub]
- What the change to the Migratory Bird Treaty Act of 1918 on accidental bird deaths means for the species. [via Bloomberg]
- Since snow bomb cyclone (?!) season is upon us, seems fitting to revisit "Snowflake Bentley's" iconic microphotographs of snowflakes. [via CNN]
- One of the 23 art curators to watch in 2018 is our own incoming director of the Smithsonian's African Art Museum, Augustus (Gus) Casely-Hayford. [via Culture Type]
- An eerily beautiful time lapse of the SpaceX launch of Falcon 9 from Southern California December 22nd, 2017.