Exterior of Renwick Gallery (19th c.), by Jarvis, J. F, c. 1880's, Smithsonian Archives - History Div, Stereoscopic view of the exterior of the original Corcoran Gallery of Art designed by architect, James Renwick, Jr., and erected between 1859 and 1861 for William Wilson Corcoran's collection of paintings and sculpture. Statues by Moses Ezekiel are visible in niches along the south facade. The statues were installed in 1884, but were sold off the building in 1901. An awning covers one of the first story windows..