Checking Statues into Patent Office Building, by Unknown, 1967, Smithsonian Archives - History Div, William R. Johnston of the National Collection of Fine Arts, now the National Museum of American Art, registrar's office checks statues into newly-renovated Patent Office Building. Offices and collections of both National Collection of Fine Arts and the National Portrait Gallery were moved into the newly-renovated building. The Libyan Sibyl is in the foreground. The Libyan Sibyl was presented to the museum in 1925 by John Lodge, from the collection of the late Henry Cabot Lodge..