Take a look back in time to the life of the first Smithsonian Secretary, physicist Joseph Henry (1797-1878), his family and colleagues, and the world he lived in.
- View the Henry Gallerywhich contains images of Henry from his youth to old age.
- View the Henry Family Gallery which contains images of Henry and his family.
- View the Henry's Science Gallery which contains images of Henry's experiments and inventions.
- View the Henry's World Gallery which contains images of the places where Henry lived and worked.
- View the Henry's Scientific Colleagues Gallery which contains images of Henry’s colleagues and people important in his life.
Today in Smithsonian History
Colonel Charles A. Lindbergh pilots the Spirit of St. Louis on its last flight from St. Louis to Washington, and turns it over to the Smithsonian. It is placed on public exhibition in the main entrance in Arts and Industries Building of the United States National Museum on May 13, 1928.More