Ostrich at the National Zoo
CloseDownload IIIF ManifestRequest permissionsDownload image Print
Ostrich in the yard of the temporary Bird House, which was erected by Hornblower and Marshall in 1900. Visible in the background is the Eland House (1913?), where the hoofed stock were kept.
Historic Images of the Smithsonian
Smithsonian Institution Archives, Record Unit 95, Box 48, Folder: 19
Institutional History Division, Smithsonian Institution Archives, 600 Maryland Avenue, S.W., Washington, D.C. 20024-2520, SIHistory@si.edu
MAH-17740 or 17740 or 95-48
Color: Black and White; Size: 8x10; Type of Image: Animal, candid; Exhibit; Medium: Photographic print