Close-up of Dr. Richard C. Froeschner with Specimen Tray
Usage Conditions ApplyThe Smithsonian Institution Archives welcomes personal and educational use of its collections unless otherwise noted. For commercial uses, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Richard C. Froeschner (1916-2002) , Curator, Department of Entomology, National Museum of Natural History, Smithsonian Institution, sits at a table holding a section from a tray holding insects and has in his right hand one insect. His works on insects included: Heteroptera or True Bugs of Ecuador: A Partial Catalog; True Bugs of Panama; and Lace Bug Genera of the World.
- Froeschner, Richard C 1916-2002
- National Museum of Natural History (U.S.)
- National Museum of Natural History (U.S.) Dept. of Entomology
- National Museum of Natural History (U.S.) Division of Insects
Historic Images of the Smithsonian
- Kjell Bloch Sandved of the Office of Exhibits, National Museum of Natural History (NMNH), at the commission of Porter Kier, then Director, NMNH, prepared these photographic materials to document personnel and activities of NMNH in 1975.
- For other images of Richard Froeschner at NMNH, see Negatives SIA2013-03930 through SIA2013-03933.
- Dr. Froeschner received the Ph.D. in entomology from Iowa State College and was a professor at several colleges before accepting a position as a research entomologist at the Smithsonian Institution in 1963. He devoted the remainder of his life to research on Heteroptera (true bugs) and helped build one of the world's largest and best-curated collections.
Smithsonian Institution Archives, Record Unit 95-013, Box 1, Folder: 1: A-Kier
Institutional History Division, Smithsonian Archives, 600 Maryland Avenue, SW, Washington, D.C. 20024-2520, SIHistory@si.edu
Restrictions & Rights
- Storage facilities
- Museum storage facilities
- Optical instruments
- Smithsonian Institution
- Personnel management
- National Collections
- Museum curators
- Smithsonian Institution--Employees
- Person, candid
Number of Images: 1; Color: Color; Size: 1"'w X 1 3.7"h; Type of Image: Person, candid ; Medium: Slide