Moynihan, Daniel Patrick (03/16/1927-03/26/2003)
Usage Conditions ApplyThe Smithsonian Institution Archives welcomes personal and educational use of its collections unless otherwise noted. For commercial uses, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Committees/Roles: Moynihan was very active in many aspects of the Smithsonian, especially development of the Hirshhorn Museum and Sculpture Garden.
- Occupation: Politician, diplomat, U.S. Senator
- Number of Terms: 3
- Moynihan, Daniel P (Daniel Patrick) 1927-
- Board of Regents
- United States Congress
- Hirshhorn Museum and Sculpture Garden
- Democrat Regents
Smithsonian Board of Regents
Regent images can be seen at
Images of this Regent can be found in the following repositories: National Portrait Gallery, Smithsonian Institution; Hirshhorn Museum and Sculpture Garden, Smithsonian Institution
- For information on his appointment, see "The Torch," March 1987.
- Biographical Directory of the United States Congress, 1774-1989. The Continental Congress (September 5, 1774 to October 21, 1788) and the Congress of the United States (from the first through the one hundredth Congress, March 4, 1789 to January 3, 1989, inclusive). Bicentennial edition. Washington, DC: U.S. Government Printing Office, 1989.; The Blue Book. Leaders of the English-speaking world. 1976 edition. London: St. James Press; New York: St. Martin's Press, 1976. Reprint. In two volumes by Gale Research, Detroit, 1979.; Dictionary of American Diplomatic History. First edition. By John E. Findling. New York: Greenwood Press, 1980.; Who's Who in America. 48th edition, 1988-1991. Wilmette, Il: Marquis Who's Who, 1990.; Who's Who in American Politics. 14th edition, 1993-1994. New Providence, NJ: R. R. Bowker, 1993.
Institutional History Division, Smithsonian Institution Archives, 600 Maryland Avenue, S.W., Washington, D.C. 20024-2520, SIHistory@si.edu
Regent Tenure: 1987-01/03/2000
- New York
- New York
- United States