Carver Theater, First Home of the Anacostia Museum
CloseDownload IIIF ManifestRequest permissionsDownload image Print
Marquee of the former Carver Theater advertising the Smithsonian Institution's Anacostia Neighborhood Museum. The Museum opened in the converted theater in September 1967 and remained at this location until April 1987, when it moved to its present location, 1901 Fort Place, S.E., Washington, D.C. The museum is now known as the Anacostia Community Museum.
Historic Images of the Smithsonian
See also negative #92-1790 for a different view.
Smithsonian Institution Archives, Record Unit 95, Box 34, Folder: 5A and Record Unit 9538, Box 1, John R. Kinard Oral History Interviews
Institutional History Division, Smithsonian Institution Archives, 600 Maryland Avenue, S.W., Washington, D.C. 20024-2520, SIHistory@si.edu
Color: Black and White; Size: 10w x 8h; Type of Image: Exterior; Medium: Photographic print