Agency history, 2022-
Usage Conditions ApplyThe Smithsonian Institution Archives welcomes personal and educational use of its collections unless otherwise noted. For commercial uses, please contact email@example.com.
- Carpenter-Rock, Jane
- College of William and Mary
- University of Michigan
- Howard University
- Foreign Service Institute (U.S.)
- United States Consulate General (Cape Town, South Africa)
- United States Department of State Bureau of African Affairs
- National Museum of American Diplomacy (U.S.)
- Smithsonian American Art Museum Education Office
- Smithsonian American Art Museum Conservation Laboratory
- Smithsonian American Art Museum Research and Scholars Center
- Smithsonian American Art Museum Office of External Affairs and Digital Strategy
- This is an agency history. It does not describe actual records. The Smithsonian Institution Archives uses these histories as brief accounts of the origin, development, and functions of an office or administrative unit to set that unit in its historical context. To find information on record holdings, please double-click the highlighted field "Creator/Author", which will open on a brief view of relevant records.
- Smithsonian American Art Museum, Press Release, "Jane Carpenter-Rock, Deputy Director for Museum Content and Outreach, March 14, 2022, https://americanart.si.edu/press/2022/11/jane-carpenter-rock-deputy-director-museum-content-and-outreach, accessed November 23, 2022
- The Deputy Director for Museum Content and Outreach position was created in 2022 and is responsible for the mangement of the museum's departments for Education, Conservation, External Affairs and Digital Strategy, and the Research and Scholars Center. The first person to be appointed as Deputy Director for Museum Content and Outreach was Jane Carpenter-Rock. Before joining the museum, Carpenter-Rock was director of the orientation division at the Foreign Service Institute, 2021-2022; deputy director of the National Museum of American Diplomacy , 2018-2021; deputy director of the Office of Public Diplomacy and Public Affairs, Bureau of African Affairs, 2016-2018; and public affairs officer at the U.S. Consulate General in Cape Town, South Africa, 2013-2016. Carpenter-Rock earned a bachelor's degree from the College of William and Mary (1992), a master's degree from Howard University (1995) and a doctorate from the University of Michigan (2002).
- For a history of the larger creating unit, refer to "Forms part of" above.
Smithsonian Institution Archives Capital Gallery, Suite 3000, MRC 507; 600 Maryland Avenue, SW; Washington, DC 20024-2520
- Art museums
Mixed archival materials