Finding Aids to Official Records of the Smithsonian Institution Archives
National Museum of the American Indian. Office of Education and Museum Programs
Exhibition Records, 1992-2008, 2015-2016
This accession consists of records created and maintained by Carolyn Rapkievian, Assistant Director. The materials document her work on exhibitions for the opening of the National Museum of the American Indian on the National Mall in Washington, D.C. Some materials date to when the office was known as the Office of Public Programs. Exhibitions documented include the Potomac Atrium, Window on Collections, and Nation to Nation: Treaties between the United States and American Indian Nations. Materials include correspondence, memoranda, meeting minutes, presentations, scripts, object lists, architectural drawings, maps, and clippings. Some materials are in electronic format.
Restricted for 15 years, until Jan-01-2032; Transferring office; 09/30/2019 memorandum, Toda to Rapkievian; Contact reference staff for details.
This collection is indexed under the following access terms. These are links to collections with related topics, persons or places.
- Rapkievian, Carolyn
- National Museum of the American Indian (U.S.). Office of Public Programs
- National Museum of the American Indian (U.S.). Potomac Atrium
- Window on Collections (Exhibition) (2004- : Washington, D.C.)
- Nation to Nation: Treaties Between the United States and American Indian Nations (Exhibition) (2014-2018: Washington, D.C.)
- Museums -- Public relations
- Museums -- Educational aspects
- Museum exhibits
- Indians of North America -- Museums
Physical Characteristics of Materials in the Collection
Smithsonian Institution Archives, Accession 19-204, National Museum of the American Indian. Office of Education and Museum Programs, Exhibition Records