Finding Aids to Official Records of the Smithsonian Institution Archives
National Air and Space Museum. Exhibits Design Division
Exhibition Records, 1991-2011
This accession consists of records created and maintained by Linda King, Project Manager, documenting the design of exhibitions for the National Air and Space Museum. Materials include correspondence and memoranda; scripts; sketches, floor plans, and architectural drawings; concepts and proposals; object and installation photographs; and videos. Some materials are in electronic format.
Restricted for 15 years, until Jan-01-2027; Transferring office; 11/2/2016 memorandum, Wright to Mowry; Contact reference staff for details.
This collection is indexed under the following access terms. These are links to collections with related topics, persons or places.
- King, Linda
- Black Wings (Exhibition) (1982- : Washington, D.C.)
- Star Wars: The Magic of Myth (Exhibition) (1997-1999: Washington, D.C.)
- Flights of Fancy: Photographs by Jacques-Henri Lartigue, 1904-1922 (Exhibition) (1995-1996: Washington, D.C.)
- Exploring the Planets (Exhibition) (1979- : Washington, D.C.)
- Apollo to the Moon (Exhibition) (1976- : Washington, D.C.)
- Flight Time Barbie: Dolls from the Popular Culture Collection of the National Air and Space Museum (Exhibition) (1995: Washington, D.C.)
Physical Characteristics of Materials in the Collection
- Digital versatile discs
- Electronic records
- Architectural drawings
- Floor plans
- Black-and-white photographs
- Color negatives
- Color photographs
- Color transparencies
Smithsonian Institution Archives, Accession 18-243, National Air and Space Museum. Exhibits Design Division, Exhibition Records