Finding Aids to Official Records of the Smithsonian Institution Archives
Website Records, 2007-2017
This accession consists of two websites and two blogs maintained by the Smithsonian Libraries.
The Smithsonian Libraries primary website was crawled on March 15, 2017. It includes information about the library system and its staff and collections as well as educational resources, press releases, the "e-Connect Newsletter," research tools, and online exhibitions.
The "Unbound" blog was crawled on March 15, 2017. It features collection items and projects as well as provides research and preservation tips. The blog was established in December 2007.
The website for the dSpace repository was crawled on May 5, 2017. It contains information about the Libraries' digital collections. Collection metadata and digital collection items may be incomplete.
The "Turning the Book Wheel" Tumblr blog was crawled on May 26, 2017. The blog was established in January 2012 and highlights materials found in the Libraries' collections.
Materials are in electronic format.
This collection is indexed under the following access terms. These are links to collections with related topics, persons or places.
- Color in a New Light (Online exhibition)
- Artists' Books and Africa (Online exhibition)
- Fantastic Worlds (Online exhibition)
- Once There Were Billions: Vanished Birds of North America (Online exhibition)
- Whales: Fron Bone to Book (Online exhibition)
- Paper Engineering: Fold, Pull, Pop and Turn (Online exhibition)
- e-Connect Newsletter
- Unbound (Blog)
- Tumblr (Electronic resource)
- Turning the Book Wheel (Blog)
- Museum libraries
- Museums -- Public relations
- Web sites
- Museums -- Educational aspects
- Museum exhibits
Physical Characteristics of Materials in the Collection
Smithsonian Institution Archives, Accession 18-070, Smithsonian Libraries, Website Records