Finding Aids to Official Records of the Smithsonian Institution Archives
National Museum of American History. Division of Physical Sciences
Exhibition Records, 1972-1980
This accession consists of the records of Jon B. Eklund, curator of chemistry, which document planning, development and production activities for the exhibitions "Henry Wurtz (1828-1910): An American Chemist," "Aspects of Art and Science," "Ceramics as Historical Evidence," and the Hall of American Science at the National Museum of American History, and when the museum was known as the National Museum of History and Technology. Also represented in these records are curators Susan Faye Cannon and Bernard S. Finn. Materials include correspondence, memoranda, and notes; proposals; floor plans; photographs; and meeting reports.
This collection is indexed under the following access terms. These are links to collections with related topics, persons or places.
- Eklund, Jon B.
- Cannon, Susan Faye
- Finn, Bernard S., 1932-
- National Museum of History and Technology (U.S.)
- National Museum of History and Technology (U.S.). Hall of American Science
- Henry Wurtz (1828-1910): An American Chemist (Exhibition) (1979: Washington, D.C.)
- Aspects of Art and Science (Exhibition) (1978: Washington, D.C.)
- Ceramics as Historical Evidence (Exhibition) (1980-1981: Washington, D.C.)
- Museums -- Collection management
- Chemistry -- History
- Scientific apparatus and instruments
- Art and science
- Museum curators
- Museum exhibits
Physical Characteristics of Materials in the Collection
Smithsonian Institution Archives, Accession 18-132, National Museum of American History. Division of Physical Sciences, Exhibition Records