Finding Aids to Official Records of the Smithsonian Institution Archives
National Museum of History and Technology. Section of Mathematics
Curatorial Records, 1955-1974
This accession consists of the records of Dr. Uta C. Merzbach, Associate Curator. Topics covered include planning of the IBM computer terminal exhibit with collection viewing; museum fire of 1970; exhibit preparations for "1876: A Centennial Exhibition"; education and training; educational programs; and exhibit of a working computer, with Nicholas J. Suszynski, Jr., Director, Information Systems Division, 1968-1970. Some materials are dated from a time period before Merzbach started working at the National Museum of History and Technology in 1964. Additionally, some materials date to when the museum was known as the Museum of History and Technology and when the section was known as the Section of Mathematics and Antique Instruments as well as from when the sections were part of the Division of Physical Sciences and the Division of Electricity and Nuclear Energy. Materials include notes, memoranda, pamphlets, proposals, reports, correspondence, news clippings, photographs, drawings, and related materials.
This collection is indexed under the following access terms. These are links to collections with related topics, persons or places.
- Merzbach, Uta C., 1933-
- Suszynski, Nicholas J., Jr.
- Smithsonian Institution. Information Systems Division
- International Business Machines Corporation
- Museum of History and Technology (U.S.). Section of Mathematics and Antique Instruments
- Museum of History and Technology (U.S.). Division of Physical Sciences
- National Museum of History and Technology (U.S.). Division of Electricity and Nuclear Energy
- 1876: A Centennial Exhibition (1976: Washington, D.C.)
Physical Characteristics of Materials in the Collection
- Journals (accounts)
- Floor plans
- Black-and-white photographs
Smithsonian Institution Archives, Accession 18-101, National Museum of History and Technology. Section of Mathematics, Curatorial Records