Finding Aids to Official Records of the Smithsonian Institution Archives
National Museum of American History. Department of the History of Science and Technology
Exhibition Records, 1962-1984
This accession consists of the records of Robert M. Vogel, Associate Curator, 1962-1966; Curator, 1967-1985, documenting exhibition planning, development and production for "Building Brooklyn Bridge: The Design and Construction, 1867-1883", which was at the National Museum of American History from May 4-September 14, 1983. Topics covered include fund raising, news releases, research materials, exhibits, events, partnerships, designer and builder John A. Roebling, and other historical information. Some materials date to when the department was known as the Division of Mechanical and Civil Engineering and from when the museum was known as the Museum of History and Technology and the National Museum of History and Technology. Materials include correspondence, photographs, negatives, notes, floor plans, blueprints, drawings, posters, news clippings, proposals, catalogs and related materials.
This collection is indexed under the following access terms. These are links to collections with related topics, persons or places.
- Roebling, John Augustus, 1806-1869
- Vogel, Robert M.
- National Museum of American History (U.S.). Department of the History of Technology
- Museum of History and Technology (U.S.). Division of Mechanical and Civil Engineering
- Museum of History and Technology (U.S.)
- Building Brooklyn Bridge: The Design and Construction, 1867-1883 (Exhibition) (1983: Washington, D.C.)
- Museum exhibits
- Industries -- History
- Bridges -- Design and Construction
- Brooklyn Bridge (New York, N.Y.)
Physical Characteristics of Materials in the Collection
- Exhibition catalogs
- Architectural drawings
- Floor plans
- Black-and-white negatives
- Black-and-white photographs
- Black-and-white transparencies
Smithsonian Institution Archives, Accession 18-098, National Museum of American History. Department of the History of Science and Technology, Exhibition Records