Finding Aids to Official Records of the Smithsonian Institution Archives
Freer Gallery of Art and Arthur M. Sackler Gallery. Office of the Director
Exhibition Records, 1987, 1994-2015
This accession consists of records documenting the planning and production of Freer Gallery of Art and Arthur M. Sackler Gallery exhibitions during the tenures of Milo Cleveland, 1987-2001, and Julian Raby, Director, 2002-2017. Topics include exhibition partnerships, committee notes, exhibit installation plans, analysis, and relevant exhibitions. Materials include correspondence, meeting notes, promotional materials, checklists, object lists, agreements, fund raising materials, proposals, floor plans, press releases, guide books, media reports, research data, and related materials. Some materials are in electronic format.
Restricted for 15 years, until Jan-01-2031; Transferring office; 6/9/2001 memorandum, Alers to Hennessey; Contact reference staff for details.
This collection is indexed under the following access terms. These are links to collections with related topics, persons or places.
- Raby, Julian
- Milo Cleveland Beach
- Freer Gallery of Art
- Arthur M. Sackler Gallery (Smithsonian Institution)
- Shipwrecked: Tang Treasures and Monsoon Winds (Traveling Exhibition)
- An American in London: Whistler and Thames (Exhibition) (2014: Washington, D.C.)
- Asia in America: Views of Chinese Art from the Indianapolis Museum of Art (Exhibition) (2004-2005: Washington, D.C.)
- Patterned Feathers, Piercing Eyes: Edo Masters from the Price Collection (Exhibition) (2007-2008: Washington, D.C.)
- Roads of Arabia: Archaeology and History of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia (Exhibition) (2012-2013: Washington D.C.)
- Yoga: The Art of Transformation (Exhibition) (2013-2014: Washington, D.C.)
- In the Beginning: Bibles Before the Year 1000 (Exhibition) (2006-2007: Washington, D.C.)
Physical Characteristics of Materials in the Collection
Smithsonian Institution Archives, Accession 18-092, Freer Gallery of Art and Arthur M. Sackler Gallery. Office of the Director, Exhibition Records