Finding Aids to Official Records of the Smithsonian Institution Archives
National Museum of American History. Department of Public Programs
Public Program Records, 1975-1999
This accession consists of the records of Harold A. Closter and document his work in the Department of Public Programs developing, creating, and putting on public programs at the National Museum of American History (NMAH) and other sites around the Smithsonian Institution. Included are records from when the department was known as the Office of Public and Academic Programs as well as when the department was the independent Division of Performing Arts. Among the positions that Closter held were the Associate Director for Public Service, Department of Public Programs, NMAH and Country Music Program Coordinator, Division of Performing Arts. Materials include correspondence, memoranda, programs, news releases, brochures, flyers, mailings, clippings, images, video recordings, and audio recordings.
This collection is indexed under the following access terms. These are links to collections with related topics, persons or places.
- Closter, Harold A.
- Smithsonian Institution. Division of Performing Arts
- National Museum of American History (U.S.). Office of Public and Academic Programs
- National Museum of American History (U.S.). Office of the Associate Director for Public Services
- Smithsonian Institution. Division of Performing Arts. Country Music Program
- Museums -- Educational aspects
- Museums -- Public relations
- Performing arts
- Country music
- Country music groups
- Country musicians
Physical Characteristics of Materials in the Collection
- Black-and-white photographs
- Color transparencies
Smithsonian Institution Archives, Accession 18-042, National Museum of American History. Department of Public Programs, Public Program Records