Finding Aids to Official Records of the Smithsonian Institution Archives
National Museum of American History. Department of Programs and Audience Development
Program Records, 2010-2017
This accession consists of records that document the work of Susan Evans, Director, Smithsonian Food History Program, National Museum of American History (NMAH). Through programs, research and collections the Smithsonian Food History Program explores the complexity of American history through peoples' experiences with food and agriculture.
During her time at the NMAH, Evans developed and ran Daily Programs and was the Theater Coordinator, after that she was the Museum Programs Coordinator before becoming the Program Director for the American Food History Project. Some of the materials date to when Evans was in the Department of Public Programming and later in the Office of Programs and Strategic Initiatives.
Materials include notebooks, meeting agendas, publicity materials, invitations, programs, calendars of events, reports, and clippings.
This collection is indexed under the following access terms. These are links to collections with related topics, persons or places.
- Evans, Susan
- National Museum of American History (U.S.). Department of Public Programming
- National Museum of American History (U.S.). Office of Programs and Strategic Initiatives
- National Museum of American History (U.S.). Smithsonian Food History Program
- National Museum of American History (U.S.). American Food History Project
- Museums -- Public relations
- Museums -- Educational aspects
- Food -- History
- Cooking -- History
- Agriculture -- History
Physical Characteristics of Materials in the Collection
Smithsonian Institution Archives, Accession 18-011, National Museum of American History. Department of Programs and Audience Development, Program Records