Finding Aids to Official Records of the Smithsonian Institution Archives
National Museum of Natural History
Website Records, 2017
This accession consists of the Antarctic Meteorite Program section of the Department of Mineral Sciences website as it existed on February 16, 2017. The program is a cooperative agreement between the National Science Foundation, United States National Aeronautics and Space Administration, and the Smithsonian Institution which provides for the collection, curation, distribution, and long-term storage of meteorites recovered during annual United States expeditions to Antarctica. The website section includes information about various aspects of the program. Materials are in electronic format.
This collection is indexed under the following access terms. These are links to collections with related topics, persons or places.
- National Museum of Natural History (U.S.). Department of Mineral Sciences. Antarctic Meteorite Program
- National Science Foundation (U.S.)
- United States. National Aeronautics and Space Administration
- Smithsonian Institution
- Web sites
- Museums -- Public relations
- Natural history museums
- Museums -- Collection management
- Antarctica -- Discovery and exploration -- American
Physical Characteristics of Materials in the Collection
Smithsonian Institution Archives, Accession 17-344, National Museum of Natural History, Website Records