Finding Aids to Official Records of the Smithsonian Institution Archives
National Museum of Natural History. Department of Paleobiology
Exhibition Records, 1976-2007
This accession consists of the records of Ian G. Macintyre, Curator, which primarily document his planning, development, and production activities for the exhibitions "Fossils as Natural Resources," "The Conquest of Land," "Dinosaurs: Reptiles, Masters of Land," "Living Fossils," and "Time Column," as part of the reorganization of the Hall of Paleontology at the National Museum of Natural History (NMNH). Also consists of some later records that pertain to exhibition planning for the Sant Ocean Hall at NMNH. Materials include correspondence, memoranda, and notes; proposals; budget summaries; agreements; scripts; news releases; hall tour information; photographs and slides; floor plans and drawings; newspaper clippings; committee information; and supporting documentation.
Restricted for 15 years. until Jan-01-2023; Transferring office; 7/11/2017 memorandum, Johnstone to Hollis; Contact reference staff for details.
- Macintyre, Ian G.
- National Museum of Natural History (U.S.). Hall of Paleontology
- National Museum of Natural History (U.S.). The Sant Ocean Hall
- The Conquest of Land (Exhibition) (1980: Washington, D.C.)
- Dinosaurs: Reptiles, Masters of Land (Exhibition) (1981: Washington, D.C.)
- Time Column (Exhibition) (1981: Washington, D.C.)
- Fossils as Natural Resources (Exhibition) (1982: Washington, D.C.)
- Living Fossils (Exhibition) (1982: Washington, D.C.)
- Natural history museums
- Museums -- Educational aspects
- Museums -- Public relations
- Museum curators
- Museum exhibits
Physical Characteristics of Materials in the Collection
Smithsonian Institution Archives, Accession 17-304, National Museum of Natural History. Department of Paleobiology, Exhibition Records