Finding Aids to Official Records of the Smithsonian Institution Archives
Website Records, 2016-2017
This accession consists of two websites maintained by Smithsonian Facilities, Office of Planning, Design, and Construction.
The Arts and Industries Building website includes information about the history, architecture, and revitalization of the Smithsonian Institution's second building which was completed in 1881. The website was crawled on November 30, 2016.
The "South Mall Campus Master Plan" website is provides an overview of a project to improve and expand visitor services and education; to create clear entrances and connections between the museums and gardens; and to replace aging building mechanical systems that have reached the end of their lifespan. The master plan addresses renovations to the Smithsonian Institution Building (better known as the Castle), the National Museum of African Art, the Arthur M. Sackler Gallery, the Hirshhorn Museum and Sculpture Garden, the S. Dillon Ripley Center, and the Enid A. Haupt Garden. The website, crawled March 13, 2017, also includes concept drawings, reports, and information about the planning and review process.
Materials are in electronic format.
This collection is indexed under the following access terms. These are links to collections with related topics, persons or places.
- Smithsonian Facilities. Office of Planning, Design, and Construction
- Arts and Industries Building (Washington, D.C.)
- Smithsonian Institution Building (Washington, D.C.)
- National Museum of African Art (U.S.)
- Arthur M. Sackler Gallery (Smithsonian Institution)
- Hirshhorn Museum and Sculpture Garden
- S. Dillon Ripley Center (Smithsonian Institution)
- Enid A. Haupt Garden (Washington, D.C.)
- South Mall Campus Master Plan (Website)
Physical Characteristics of Materials in the Collection
Smithsonian Institution Archives, Accession 17-275, Smithsonian Facilities, Website Records