Finding Aids to Official Records of the Smithsonian Institution Archives
Smithsonian Institution. Office of Telecommunications
Productions, circa 1984-1994
This accession consists of audiovisual elements created during the production of several films and videos documenting marine ecology. Karen Loveland was the producer of most of these films which frequently featured Walter H. Adey, Curator and Research Scientist in the Department of Botany at the National Museum of Natural History. Materials include original footage, audio components, musical scores, final programs, a script, and related materials for documentaries, educational programs, exhibition videos, and presentations. Materials also include segments of a television program featuring Adey. Some materials are in electronic format.
Restrictions pertaining to the use of these materials may apply (based on contracts/copyright). Access restrictions may also apply if viewing/listening copies are not currently available. Viewing/listening copies can be made for a fee. Contact reference staff for details.
This collection is indexed under the following access terms. These are links to collections with related topics, persons or places.
- Loveland, Karen
- Adey, Walter H.
- National Museum of Natural History (U.S.). Department of Botany
- Sea: A Quest for Our Future (Motion picture : 1984)
- Coral Reefs: New Discoveries, New Resources (Motion picture : 1985)
- Blue Planet (Motion picture : 1985)
- Our Biosphere: The Earth in Our Hands (Motion picture : 1989)
- Cleaning Water Naturally: The Algal Turf Scrubber (Motion picture : 1994)
- Marine ecology
- Museums -- Educational aspects
- Museum exhibits
- Video recordings -- Production and direction
- Documentary videos
- Motion pictures -- Production and direction
- Documentary films
Physical Characteristics of Materials in the Collection
Smithsonian Institution Archives, Accession 17-257, Smithsonian Institution. Office of Telecommunications, Productions