Finding Aids to Official Records of the Smithsonian Institution Archives
National Museum of American History. Division of Community Life
Exhibition Records, 1974-1980, 1987-1991
This accession consists of the records of Carl H. Scheele, Curator, and Ellen Roney Hughes, Museum Specialist, which document the planning for and installation of the exhibitions "Ten Years of Sesame Street"; "Sesame Street, 1969-1989: The First 20 Years"; and "A Nation of Nations" at the National Museum of American History (NMAH), and when NMAH was known as the National Museum of History and Technology. Materials include correspondence, memoranda, and notes; proposals; budget summaries; contracts; design drawings; scripts; press releases and newspaper clippings; object lists and loan information; exhibition schedules; photographs; and brochures.
This collection is indexed under the following access terms. These are links to collections with related topics, persons or places.
- Scheele, Carl H.
- Hughes, Ellen Roney
- National Museum of History and Technology (U.S.)
- Ten Years of Sesame Street (Exhibition) (1979: Washington, D.C.)
- Sesame Street, 1969-1989: The First 20 Years (Exhibition) (1989: Washington, D.C.)
- A Nation of Nations (Exhibition) (1976: Washington, D.C.)
- Museums -- Educational aspects
- Children's television programs
- Museum exhibits
- Museum curators
- Museum loans
- Social history
Physical Characteristics of Materials in the Collection
Smithsonian Institution Archives, Accession 17-063, National Museum of American History. Division of Community Life, Exhibition Records