Finding Aids to Official Records of the Smithsonian Institution Archives
National Museum of African Art. Office of the Director
NMAfA Files, 2003-2010
This accession consists of records relating to the National Museum of African Art (NMAfA) created by the director's office during the tenure of Johnnetta Cole, 2009- . The records relate to grants, fundraising, exhibitions, partnerships, workplace diversity, and budget. Materials include correspondence, memoranda, reports, grants, clippings, and brochures. Materials dating prior to Cole's tenure as Director were maintained for informational purposes.
Restricted for 15 years; until Jan-01-2026;. Some materials restricted indefinitely; see finding aid. Transferring office; 10/20/2015 memorandum, Milhoan to Berry; Contact reference staff for details.
This collection is indexed under the following access terms. These are links to collections with related topics, persons or places.
- Cole, Johnnetta B.
- National Museum of African Art (U.S.)
- Nigeria: Then Now and Forever (Exhibition) (2009-2010: Washington, D.C.)
- Grass Roots (Exhibition) (2010: Washington, D.C.)
- The Healing Power of Art (Exhibition) (2010: Washington, D.C.)
- Paul Emmanuel: Transitions (Exhibition) (2010: Washington, D.C.)
- Walt Disney-Tishman African Art Collection (Exhibition) (2007-2009: Washington, D.C.)
- African Cosmos (Exhibition) (2010: Washington, D.C.)
Physical Characteristics of Materials in the Collection
Smithsonian Institution Archives, Accession 16-045, National Museum of African Art. Office of the Director, NMAfA Files