Finding Aids to Personal Papers and Special Collections in the Smithsonian Institution Archives
Kier, Porter M.
Porter M. Kier Papers, 1976, undated
This accession consists of film related to echinoderm research conducted by Porter M. Kier, an invertebrate paleontologist who held various positions in the Department of Geology, the Department of Paleobiology, and the Office of the Director at the United States National Museum and the National Museum of Natural History from 1957 through 1985. Much of the footage documents the behavior of sea urchins and some was recorded as time-lapse photography. Kjell Bloch Sandved, a biological photographer in the National Museum of Natural History, Office of Exhibits, likely collaborated on some of these projects. Much of the footage was provided for possible use in an episode of the television series "Smithsonian World." Materials include originals and prints.
This collection is indexed under the following access terms. These are links to collections with related topics, persons or places.
- Sandved, Kjell Bloch, 1922-
- Kier, Porter M.
- United States National Museum. Department of Geology
- National Museum of Natural History (U.S.). Department of Paleobiology
- National Museum of Natural History (U.S.). Office of the Director
- National Museum of Natural History (U.S.). Office of Exhibits
- Smithsonian World (Television program : 1984-1991)
Physical Characteristics of Materials in the Collection
Smithsonian Institution Archives, Accession 15-100, Porter M. Kier Papers