Finding Aids to Official Records of the Smithsonian Institution Archives
Freer Gallery of Art and Arthur M. Sackler Gallery. Office of the Director
Board of Trustees Records, circa 1988-2013
This accession consists of correspondence with and about members of the Board of Trustees and its predecessors, the Joint Visiting Committee, the Freer Visiting Committee, and the Sackler Visiting Committee, during the tenures of Milo Cleveland Beach, Director, 1987-2001; Vidya Dehejia, Acting Director, 2001-2002; and Julian Raby, Director, 2002- . The Freer and Sackler Visiting Committees merged in 2001 to create the Joint Visiting Committee which became the Board of Trustees in 2002. Materials also include biographical information and photographs.
Restricted for 15 years, until Jan-01-2029; Transferring office; 6/9/2001 memorandum, Alers to Hennessey; Contact reference staff for details.
This collection is indexed under the following access terms. These are links to collections with related topics, persons or places.
- Raby, Julian
- Dehejia, Vidya
- Beach, Milo Cleveland
- Freer Gallery of Art and the Arthur M. Sackler Gallery. Freer Visiting Committee
- Freer Gallery of Art and the Arthur M. Sackler Gallery. Sackler Visiting Committee
- Freer Gallery of Art and the Arthur M. Sackler Gallery. Board of Trustees
- Freer Gallery of Art and Arthur M. Sackler Gallery. Joint Visiting Committee
- Freer Gallery of Art
- Arthur M. Sackler Gallery (Smithsonian Institution)
Physical Characteristics of Materials in the Collection
Smithsonian Institution Archives, Accession 15-089, Freer Gallery of Art and Arthur M. Sackler Gallery. Office of the Director, Board of Trustees Records