Finding Aids to Official Records of the Smithsonian Institution Archives
Smithsonian Institution. Office of Telecommunications
Productions, circa 1981-1996
This accession consists of audiovisual materials related to the National Museum of American Art and its predecessor, the National Collection of Fine Arts, that were either created or collected by the Smithsonian Institution, Office of Telecommunications. The materials document the museum and its staff, collections, exhibitions, and projects. Some materials document the Renwick Gallery which was administered by the National Museum of American Art. Materials include masters, original footage, final productions, and related materials on magnetic tape, film, and videotape.
Restrictions pertaining to the use of these materials may apply (based on contracts/copyright). Access restrictions may also apply if viewing copies are not currently available. Viewing copies can be made for a fee. Contact reference staff for details.
This collection is indexed under the following access terms. These are links to collections with related topics, persons or places.
- National Museum of American Art (U.S.)
- National Collection of Fine Arts (U.S.)
- Renwick Gallery
- Save Outdoor Sculpture! (Project)
- Recent Acquisition: Drawing for the Southwest Pieta (Exhibition) (1990: Washington, D.C.)
- Sense of Discovery, The National Collection of Fine Arts (Motion picture : 1980)
- Latino Voices: Artists and Community (Videotape : 1996)
- Art museums
- Art, American
- Museum exhibits
- Video recordings -- Production and direction
- Documentary videos
- Motion pictures -- Production and direction
- Documentary films
Physical Characteristics of Materials in the Collection
Smithsonian Institution Archives, Accession 15-008, Smithsonian Institution. Office of Telecommunications, Productions