Finding Aids to Official Records of the Smithsonian Institution Archives
Website Records, 2014
This accession consists of three collaborative websites highlighting the cultural history of central Asia, all crawled on August 25, 2014.
The "Discover Kazakhstan: The Expeditions of Chokhan Valikhanov" website is an online exhibition which marked the beginning of a multi-year project designed to present the scientific accomplishments of Kazakh geographer and ethnographer Chokhan Valikhanov. The project, which began in 2010, was a collaboration between the Smithsonian Institution, Office of Policy and Analysis (OPandA) and the National Museum of Natural History, Asian Cultural History Program (ACHP).
The "Dadiani Dynasty" and "Chavchavadze Family" websites were joint projects between OPandA, ACHP, and the National Parliamentary Library of Georgia. Each documents an important family in Georgia as well as their respective regions of Georgia and their impact on history and culture. The Georgian language versions of these websites, hosted by the National Parliamentary Library of Georgia, are not included in this accession.
Materials are in electronic format.
This collection is indexed under the following access terms. These are links to collections with related topics, persons or places.
- Valikhanov, Ch. Ch. (Chokan Chingisovich), 1835-1865
- Dadiani family
- Čavčavaże family
- Smithsonian Institution. Office of Policy and Analysis
- National Museum of Natural History (U.S.). Department of Anthropology. Asian Cultural History Program
- National Parliamentary Library of Georgia
- Discover Kazakhstan: The Expeditions of Chokhan Valikhanov (Website)
- Dadiani Dynasty (Website)
- Chavchavadze Family (Website)
- Civilization -- History
- Web sites
- Museums -- Educational aspects
- Museums -- Public relations
- Georgia (Republic)
Physical Characteristics of Materials in the Collection
Smithsonian Institution Archives, Accession 15-024, Smithsonian Institution, Website Records