Finding Aids to Official Records of the Smithsonian Institution Archives
Productions, circa 1977-2002
This accession consists of audiovisual materials related to the National Portrait Gallery that were either created or collected by Smithsonian Productions and its predecessor units, Smithsonian Press/Smithsonian Productions, 1996-1998, and Smithsonian Institution, Office of Telecommunications, 1976-1996. The materials document the museum, its staff, and exhibitions or were created for viewing within the museum. Materials include final productions, a master, dubs, narration, and related materials on videotape and audiotape.
Special restrictions on use of these materials may apply. Viewing copies are not currently available, but can be made for a fee, Transferring office; 4/10/2002 memorandum, Peters to SIA; Contact reference staff for details.
This collection is indexed under the following access terms. These are links to collections with related topics, persons or places.
- National Portrait Gallery (Smithsonian Institution)
- Smithsonian Press/Smithsonian Productions
- Smithsonian Institution. Office of Telecommunications
- Champions of American Sport (Exhibition) (1981: Washington, D.C.)
- On the Air: Pioneers of American Broadcasting (Exhibition) (1988: Washington, D.C.)
- Red, Hot, and Blue: A Salute to American Musicals (Exhibition) (1996-1997: Washington, D.C.)
- Faces of Freedom (Documentary film : 1977)
Physical Characteristics of Materials in the Collection
Smithsonian Institution Archives, Accession 15-009, Smithsonian Productions, Productions