Finding Aids to Official Records of the Smithsonian Institution Archives
Smithsonian Press/Smithsonian Productions
Productions, circa 1982-1997
This accession consists of audiovisual materials created during the production of films and videos for Freer Gallery of Art and Arthur M. Sackler Gallery exhibitions. Also included is a recording of a live music performance. Materials include film, videotapes, and an audiotape. Some materials are masters. Some materials were created by the predecessor unit, Office of Telecommunications.
Special restrictions on use of these materials may apply. Viewing/listening copies may not be available, but can be made for a fee, Transferring office; 4/10/2002 memorandum, Peters to SIA; Contact reference staff for details.
This collection is indexed under the following access terms. These are links to collections with related topics, persons or places.
- Freer Gallery of Art and Arthur M. Sackler Gallery
- Freer Gallery of Art
- Arthur M. Sackler Gallery (Smithsonian Institution)
- Smithsonian Institution. Office of Telecommunications
- Renaissance of Islam: Art of the Mamluks (Exhibition) (1982: Washington, D.C.)
- Ancient Japan (Exhibition) (1992: Washington, D.C.)
- Life of a Japanese Painting (Exhibition) (1997: Washington, D.C.)
- Mirror of Kings: Tales from Kalila Wa Dimna (Motion picture : 1982)
- Ancient Japan (Video recording : 1992)
- Life of a Japanese Painting (Video recording : 1997)
Physical Characteristics of Materials in the Collection
Smithsonian Institution Archives, Accession 14-233, Smithsonian Press/Smithsonian Productions, Productions